Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hakuna Matata ;-)


What A Way To Start The Day....I'm in Heaven.

Being in Africa is sensory overload for me. I'm trying to take it all in, but at the same time looking for photo opps.....CONSTANTLY and there are definitely no shortage of them!! Mostly, these are the types of photos that tug at my heart:

Holding a Canadian pin that Craig gave her. Isn't she pretty?? :-)

So on Friday we had finished our final report for our SACCO and headed out. After presenting it to the Board and Management, we headed back to our hotel for an early night, as we had to head out for our weekend away. We left shortly after 6:00 am Saturday morning for a 3-hour drive to Murchison Falls National Park. ALL of our 4 groups drove to this central area to recharge and update each other about our SACCOS thus far. It felt really good - oddly enough I guess since we have been so busy it feels like the time is flying, and yet at the same time I feel I have been here for a long time, but in a really good way. :-) The whole Uganda team is great, so getting back together for the weekend feels like seeing old friends, even though some I've really just met. We were able to take in a boat ride to see the falls (see my updated profile pic for a quick view) as well as take a tour to see some animals. I have this urge to watch The Lion King when I get home, and have had the song Circle Of Life in my head most of the day.
Back to Lira now and going to bed soon......am pooped. Very busy 3 days coming up, so better get some sleep. Hope all is well with everyone.
Hakuna Matata :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment